How to connect to the EON blockchain testnet. Comprehensive instruction.
OS: Windows / Linux
- Generate a passphrase (seed) – 32 random bytes in HEX;
- Recommended method: openssl rand -hex 32
- Easy method: eon seed
- Download the client;
- Windows: https://testnet.eontechnology.org/client/eon.cli.windows.zip
- Linux: https://testnet.eontechnology.org/client/eon.cli.linux.tar.gz
- Configure the client (config.json):
- Enter the generated passphrase in <SEED>: “seed”: “<SEED>”
- SEED is secret information used to generate a key pair. Keep it private.
- Register on registration portal with your public key;
- To get your private key and Account ID call: eon info
- In the output pay attention to the following fields:
- New account: EON-……..
- Public key for account: ……..
- Command output example:
> eon info Client for EON peer, 2017 v0.10 command available to use: refill, withdraw, payment, new_account commited, uncommited, state, attributes, info, seed EON account from seed Seed: 3744ae15cf119f92f09c9dedd05ba75469c83888daf2fc855e7a5f0895edd965 Account: EON-GUNFH-TF5TS-XACVY Public key: 6f4d850fac5ad31cf5316f0b53d71e622337237078893c26491d09ac85753fe3 end...
- Go to portal: https://testnet.eontechnology.org/ and enter the data you got during the previous steps
- Confirm your email;
- Wait until the registration is completed.
Now you can use your client! Coins will be automatically transferred to your account.
P. S. The amount of funds to be sent is set in microEONs: amount ( 1 000 000 ) = 1EON
Transaction commission by default is 10 microEONs